Wednesday, January 29, 2020

More damned paper

I went into the EE shop - told them my husband had died and that I needed to take on the account. I have been paying the bills for a while and they have my name and details as part of the whole thing. Man was very nice, "yes, no problem, you'll just get a call to confirm you are yourself"

So, a form arrives (after a rather weird and vague phone call at 8pm) - it is a masterpiece of badness. I have never seen such badness. I can't edit  the form in any way (I tried copying it out and back, but it appears to be an image in a format I can't open) - and it it full of spelling and grammar mistakes

"Previous address if less then three years"
 "Allows us to let you know when your due an upgrade"

And so on

Then requires 4 forms of proof-of-identity, address, life skills and pubic hair colour..

Meanwhile the water tower, which tends to wandering, is obviously cold, as it's rushing about all over the place



Then the Civil Service Pension -  Abi chased this for me. "Oh, we take at least 12 weeks, and there's a form to fill in" Have you sent the form? she asks "Oh, no, not yet, then it will be 12 weeks before we can pay out." I know I will get the money, just glad I'm not scraping the back of the cupboards for an odd tin of sardines..

I swore, many years ago when I had the misfortune to have to deal with the Housing Benefit Office, that I would never claim a means-tested benefit ever again...