Saturday, February 29, 2020

An Interesting Concept

In theGuardian yesterday, not alone, or single, but self-partnered. I have been mulling this one gently, particularly as yesterday was a day of having-to-be-self-sufficient.  The washing machine decided to sulk. Now, I can't pull the damned thing out of its cubby-hole, so i had to think hard about what was wrong the last time it did this not-draining and little-sulky-beeps thing.
After some thought, and some mopping of floor, I remember (how could I forget?) that the local water has rocks in it and that these fur up the pipe. I also remember that I bought, recently, from Lidl, a bunch of long bendy "bottle brushes" - apply one to 'tother, and yippee! Machine runs again...

Said rocks.. I don't think the little memory disc helped with the blockage

And the brushes.. Almost as decorative as daffodils, and longer-lasting