Thursday, February 13, 2020

It makes you want to spit

8:30, I was still asleep, and the phone rang. Must be an emergency, or my hospital appointment being cancelled, so I leap up, find phone, answer - someone who wishes to buy a belt for a sewing machine. Aaargh!  She says "Oh, did I wake you up" I was a bit less than polite, and told her I could not deal with it at this time in the morning. So, I make a cup of tea, go back to bed. Half an hour later someone rings asking for "the kite-surfing shop in Norwich" I say, no this isn't it, go away. He rings back after 10 minutes "But you're on the internet as a kite surfing shop in Norwich" I say "bugger off, no way, not kite-surfing, not Norwich, which bit did you not get last time, etc.etc." again. At this point I really have to get up, so I go and look. Some impolite bastard has set up a Facebook page about Raindrop Kites, with all sorts of stuff including my phone number and the "fact" that I'm in Norwich. I edit the page, contact Facebook, get sent a code, take the page down. So far, only one out of four, but still better than naught.

Then I go for my appointment. One more, I pray lightly to the god of parking spaces, and drive straight into one at the Norfolk and Norwich. This is unlikely at best. And, for a few minutes, it stops raining.

So, eventually, I get a charming young registrar who agrees with me that what I need is surgery, nothing more can be done, he will discuss with the Big Cheese and come back to me. Another boring 20 minutes, I go back in, "Oh, no, you will get better by yourself, come back in four weeks..." And "It hasn't been 12 weeks" Well, I make it 16 weeks so far, but apparently they count differently in the N&N. I drive back in the rain, but there are lots of birds, and a bit of a rainbow..

As the man who came to look at my summerhouse for a woodburner is apparently sulking, I go to look at another local business in the same line. By gum, their prices are high, and by heck, the old codger in the shop was supercilious, unpleasant, and just plain horrible. I left. The showroom was lovely, shame they can't be bothered to fill the holes in the track and remove the dead and dying caravans from the yard.

And I get in to idiotic emails from Gumtree (my account was hacked, they have no way of removing it entirely  unless I log on, I can't log on because it has been hacked, and round and round and round we go.)  I got cross, and I told them what I thought. Mostly I thought that I would never buy or attempt to sell on Gumtree again. I have attempted to use this to sell, but every listing just attracted scammers, idiots, and fools.

And a whole 'nother set from the people who are supposed to pick up a coffin-sized box containing four toner cartridges (I have to send them back for remaking, used to get post labels, now this stupid box is what is offered). I can't get their idiot website to work, and so far they have emailed me in French,  German, and what looked like Chinese, with no result. I got cross with them several days ago, now threatening to leave the damned thing out in the rain  may have worked. I still don't have a clue as to whether they will pick up the box, though. I'm tempted to cut it down to a reasonable size.

And then, because I couldn't face the house, which is full of piles of Stuff, I went and sat in the summer-house with my fish-finger sandwich supper and my cup of tea. I did have to come indoors eventually

And I went up into the attic to sort stuff for orders, and found a box labelled "Featherweight parts" by you, and I opened it, and it was full of assorted junk, and I just had to cry. Why on earth did you not tell me you couldn't cope with this stuff. I feel so guilty and so bad about making you help, when you were not coping. How could you? How could you do this to me now, when I can't even say it to you and then make it right?

Oh, I'm sorry... Sleep well